Wednesday 30 May 2012

Terror Of The Lichemaster: The King of Spades

It's been a long, long search, but finally, finally - Ranlac has a home:


My home, to be specific.

Which takes us to 13 of 17 figures. Only Corabell, John-boy, Grimwald and of course, the Ace of Spades himself - Heinrich Kemler - to go.

Interestingly enough, the rarest of those for me now is actually Grimwald. I've only ever seen one of those, just when I started this exercise. I could have had him for £12, but I thought that was too much at the time.

Idiot.

Anyway, this is where we are now:


And, with three of the big four in the collection, this thing is starting to feel tangible...

6 comments:

  1. Nice one - if I ever come across a Grimwald I'd be happy to swap him for an Ozrim or a Hagar ;)

    Seriously though, it'd be great to see this project up and running - I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Sir!!

    I will stick with my cunning plan of using substitute figures.

    Must say I admire your dedication!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I have that boxed set but none of the minis.

    Will you paint them up or leave them as they are?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Thantsants - funny, that. I was just looking at the bag of 20 or so Ozrims I use as a doorstop, thinking - what the hell am I going to do with all of these?

    Seriously, though, I'll let you know if ever I come across those elusive figures.

    @MC Monkeydew - a cunning plan indeed. One year in, and I haven't even got the whole set, let alone started painting anything. I doubt I'll be done by 2013...

    @Iain - Thanks! I will paint them up, as I was intending to play out the scenario's as posted. That means I still have other figures I need to get - I'll need 40 or so imperials and a smattering of dwarves. I've got all of the undead already, but about half still need to be painted. I'll only paint the named characters once I've been able to take a picture of the unpainted collection, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can cross Corabell and John Boy off the list too Gaj.

    Will drop you an email!

    wardy-la

    ReplyDelete
  6. Corabell on ebay -
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-Games-Workshop-Citadel-classic-OOP-80s-Townsfolk-villager-WENCH-LIBERTINE-/261035734098?pt=UK_Toys_RolePlaying_RL&hash=item3cc6f13452#ht_764wt_1068

    ReplyDelete